15 October 2010

tgiff


before we get into our menu, i would like to say that we have had the greatest time reading comments and "getting to know" everyone that has stopped by!  it is so much fun!

looks like jane included some  oldies but goodies for next week.  
i'm excited to try them out!

here's what she has for us:
........................................................................................................................

m.    casserole delight + cabbage salad
tu.  soup and subs + chips
w.    dutch beef + chunky bread
th.  garlic pork chops +baked sweet potatoes + peas
f.     cheesy manicotti + green salad with chopped salami
sa.  chili corn pone pie + apple and cheese slices
su.  shepherd’s pie + cottage cheese and applesauce

{this is a SUPER old recipe from my childhood.  my sister and i were reminiscing about it this afternoon.  you don't see food like this much anymore, but i hope you will give it a try}


{this is a cook free night and for an added bonus, both campbells and progresso soups were on sale this week in the flyers}







........................................................................................................................

yum.  i'm so thankful for these menus and all the time they free up in my week.  my hair {that is not being pulled out} is also grateful come dinner time!

have a beautiful friday friends....  

we have a crazy busy day {which is not the usual for a friday} but lots of fun fall activities to look forward to this weekend; including a fabric pumpkin tutorial that i'll post over the weekend.  also, our theme for next week is "messy"....  hmmmmmm.  i'm really looking forward to it!  just for fun, what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word "messy"?

i thought of diapers, but i promise that is not what our week is about - hehe!

xo . rae . vp + mom

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a new reader and I am loving reading back through your archives! When I think of messy I think of my toddler when she gets into my purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post, I aspire to be a meal planner, but its kinda like picking out what to wear for the next day! I can't, I always end up changing my mind ;}
    I did get into the fall-spirit though....tonight is French Onion Soup which I adore!! And I finally Fall-ed up my house & posted pics.
    I think I'll try a new recipe this week, thanks ;)
    ~Ada in Coastal Cali
    http://ourheartsarefullwith5tolove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the style that goes with the menu! Mine is rather boring in comparison:)
    becomeshoppertunistic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete